|Joao with the entire team from Anker at their booth during Computex 2013 in Taipei, Taiwan|
|Anker’s booth at Computex 2013 in Taipei, Taiwan|
|Above – My camera bag of choice is the Thinktank Airport Takeoff. I am always changing out what’s in my bag as I like to customize my gear depending on the project. There are a couple of things in my Kit that never change: My Anker Astro 3 and My Anker Bluetooth speaker have become solid parts of my kit, much like my Sandisk memory cards or my BlackRapid camera strap.|
Here is a quick rundown of the Anker Astro 3 specs:
* Powerful 12000 mAh capacity specification
* The unit is compact in size and weighs in at 10 1/2 ounces.
* Attractively designed and covered in a rubberized coating that is easy to grip and it hides most fingerprints.
* There is no push button for starting the charging of your device or to read out the battery’s charged capacity using LED lights. You have to shake the battery to start a charging process or to read out the battery’s charged capacity.
* It has 10 LED lights in a circle that show the battery charge.
* There is no ON button so when you plug in a device just shake the battery and that begins the charging process of your device. It is recommended that you unplug your device when it is fully charged.
* There are three USB power output ports. The Smart USB is rated at 5VDC at 2.4 Amps and it is the most powerful battery charging port I have seen so far. The other two USB ports are rated at 5 VDC and 2.0 Amps. I could charge my iPhone 5 in one port and my iPad 3 in the other port.
* You can charge three items simultaneously.
* The battery pack can output 4 Amps at one time and that is also the highest rated battery pack I have tested up to this date.
* The battery uses Lithium Ion battery technology.
* The battery pack can be recharged 500+ times
* Warranty is 18 months
|My work station the night before a big shoot on location – I have a lot of camera batteries, – four for the Hasselblad and maybe ten for my Canon – tons and tons of Sandisk memory all archived in my ThinkTank Pixel Pocket Rocket and My Anker Astro 3 and The Anker Portable Bluetooth speaker .|
|Keeping all my Anker gear safe and in one place thanks to ThinkTank|
|Make up artist Alex ME finds inspiration with music and gorgeous model Ines from Best Models loves working to the sound of music on set or on location, thanks to my Anker Bluetooth Portable speaker.|
Anker Portable speaker specs:
- The latest Bluetooth 4.0 (fully backward compatible) for longer standby time; equipped with a 3.5mm audio jack for non-Bluetooth devices.
- Rechargeable built-in lithium battery offers 8-10 hours of playtime; iOS devices display the remaining capacity in the top status bar.
- Stylish and compact round-drum body slips easily into your bag for use on the go.
- Features clear, full sound and a built-in microphone with CVC background noise reduction for receiving voice calls.
- Package contents: Anker® Portable Bluetooth Speaker, 4ft 3.5mm audio cable, USB charging cable and user manual.
|The Anker Bluetooth speaker is smaller than my Think Tank Pixel Pocket rocket.|
|Shooting on Location to the sound of music thanks to Anker|
Inside of the box you will find;
* A beautifully designed and stylish speaker
* A charging cable that is 33 inches long
* An Audio Auxiliary cable that is 51 inches long
* An instruction manual
The speaker has:
* An on/off switch
* Auxiliary audio line input jack
* A DC charging port which is a Micro USB jack to allow you to charge the speaker’s battery with 5 VDC
* A microphone input port/hole to allow you to use the speaker as a hands free phone accessory
* A set of forward and reverse switches to allow you to skip or forward or back on your songs you are playing.
* A play pause button which is also used to pair the speaker to your Bluetooth device. This process is shown in my video.
* And a volume up and down button to allow you to adjust the speaker’s output volume.
* Bluetooth 4.0 which allows for faster and lower energy connections.
* A rechargeable lithium ion battery that provides 8 to 10 hours of music playing time. It also provides 12 hours of talk time and 1500 hours of standby time.
* You can charge the battery with your computer’s USB port or any AC USB wall charger that you own.
The speaker is so intelligent that it actually speaks to you and tells you what is going on with it and it tells you when it is on or off and when it is connected
I hope you have found this post useful. Watch out for loads of new posts each week. Until next time and thank you for reading my Photo Daily Dose.