I kept it very simple: my backdrop had to be a solid black or grey backdrop and the briefing given to me by my editor was a studio type black and white portrait. It’s pretty straightforward so I used my portable Westcott 6×7 Blackwhite Collapsible Backdrop.
The advantages are many with this handy piece of gear:
- Two backdrops in one unique design;
- Collapses to 1/3 of its open size, making it perfect for on location shooting;
- Included travel case;
- Lifetime frame warranty.
- Gradual 3-stop fall, perfect for this type of portrait;
- The versatility to position vertically or horizontally;
- Can be used both as main & fill light;
- Great for working in tight spaces, which you can definitely see from my BTS iPhone pic.
Since this week I was not only limited for space but also for time, I decided to shoot directly to my Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB CF card, and downloading the files after via The ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0 memory card reader. It offers the easiest, fastest USB connection to transfer data between your memory cards and your PC. An ideal accessory for professional photographers or just anyone who is frequently transferring multiple files to and from their mobile device. Compatible with a broad range of memory card formats, Supports MicroSD, SDHC™ and SDXC™ UHS-I performance, Designed for USB 3.0 interface and with transfer speeds up to 500MB/s.