Here are my 8 Tips to Staying Creative
- Play to your strengths: Do what you know your good at. If you try and emulate another Photographers work, you’ll always be playing catch up and your idea will never be original.
- Don’t mistake owning fancy tools as being creative: Owning a 30 inch Mac , the latest version of Adobe CS or a 400 MB camera won’t make you creative. Good ideas aren’t dependent on tools.
- Keep a scrapbook: Spend some time each day searching the web for inspiring imagery, Ideas or even music . Keep a folder on your Smart phone . inspiration at your finger tips .
- Keep your creative brain well oiled: Keep your mind ticking over even when you’re not working. Sketch, write or take some photos. Using a simple photography app like Instagr.am or Polarize is a great way of staying creative. Create a day Journal.
- Don’t get disheartened by creative block: The simple truth is, good ideas rarely just fall into your lap. You need to work hard, try stuff out , iterate and soon the ideas will come.
- Go get inspired :Go to the movies , go read a book or go to a museum or gallery , surround your self with creativity art and culture .
- Shoot with meaning: Plan ,compose , take the time to look at what you are doing , dont just shoot on raped burst . This will help you find creative direction.
- Stay motivated: Lack of motivation kills creativity. If you’re not feeling motivated, ask yourself why and then do something about it.
Fairest of them all (#)